Canadian Immigration Law Firm Toronto Immigration Lawyer

Canadian Immigration Law Practice

Contact Toronto Immigration Lawyer >

InterJurisconsult is a full service Canadian Immigration Law Firm based in Toronto. It helps clients to immigrate to Canada and become permanent residents. It also assists those who just want to visit Canada, work in Canada and study in Canada. The firm also assists persons seeking refugee protection in Canada, and persons who have inadmissibility issues. In order to ensure that clients receive quality immigration services, Canadian Immigration and Refugee Lawyer is involved in all stages of the immigration process and represents clients before Canadian authorities, judicial and quasi-judicial institutions, such as Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Service Canada (HRSDC), Canada Border Services Agency, Immigration and Refugee Board and the Federal Court.

InterJurisconsult provides Canadian immigration legal services in the following areas:

  • Business Immigration
  • Temporary Residence
  • Permanent Residence
  • Live-in Caregiver Program
  • Citizenship
  • Inadmissibility
  • Immigration & Refugee Board
  • Federal Court

Business Immigration to Canada

Canada needs experienced business people with sufficient capital to make their contribution to the Canadian economy. Federal Government and a number of Provincial Governments have designed business immigration programs. There are 4 business immigration categories under the Federal business immigration program:

  • Start-Up Visa
  • Investor
  • Entrepreneur
  • Self-employed

Federal and Quebec Governments signed a Canada-Quebec accord which allows Quebec to operate its own immigrant investor program. Quebec also has two other business immigration categories: entrepreneur and self-employed.

Many other provinces have various business immigration programs as part of their Provincial Nominee Programs.

Business people may also be eligible to enter Canada as business visitors or on a work permit under NAFTA, CCFTA or GATS, depending on the situation.

Read more about Business Immigration to Canada here >

Temporary Residence in Canada

Canadian Work Permits

  • Employee
    • Service Canada (HRSDC) Confirmations
    • Exemptions
  • Business
    • NAFTA
    • CCFTA
    • GATS

Read more about work permits here >

Canadian Study Permits

  • Study Permit Applications
  • Selection of a recognised course of study

Canadian Visitor Visas

  • Temporary Resident Visa Applications
  • Letters of Invitation drafting
Permanent Residence in Canada

Federal Programs

(Click here to fill out free assessment form)

  • Business Immigration
    • Start-Up Visa
    • Entrepreneurs
    • Investors
    • Self-employed
  • Skilled Workers
  • Skilled Trades
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Family Sponsorships
  • Humanitarian & Compassionate Applications

Read more about Federal Programs here >

Quebec Immigration

(Click here to fill out free assessment form)

Quebec Government has an agreement with the Federal Government allowing it to establish its own immigration requirements and select candidates who want to settle in Quebec.

Provincial Nominee Programs

The following Canadian Provinces and Territories have formal agreements with the Canadian Federal Government to play a more direct role in selecting immigrants that want to settle in those provinces:

  • Alberta
  • British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • Nova Scotia
  • Ontario
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Saskatchewan
  • Yukon

Permanent Resident Card

  • Permanent Resident Card Application (Regular and Urgent)

Live-in Caregiver Program

Live-in caregiver program allows qualified foreign workers to work in Canada providing care to children, the elderly or the disabled individuals in private homes. After working in Canada for a certain period, such workers may be eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Canadian employer should first obtain authorization from the Canadian Government to hire foreign live-in caregiver. A qualified foreign live-in caregiver then should obtain a work permit to work in Canada.

In order to apply for a live-in caregiver work permit, an applicant should:

  • have a job confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)/Service Canada
  • have a written contract with prospective Canadian employer
  • have completed secondary school education, which should be equivalent in duration to Canadian secondary school education
  • have at least six months of relevant training, or one year of relevant full-time paid work experience in the past three years
  • have good knowledge of English or French
  • fulfill all other immigration requirements for Live-in Caregiver Program (including medical checks and police checks)

After having worked in Canada in accordance with the requirements of Live-in Caregiver Program for at least 24 months in a maximum 36 months period, such live-in caregiver may submit an application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

Canadian Citizenship

  • Canadian Citizenship Applications
  • Canadian Citizenship Certificate (Canadian Citizenship Card) Application (Regular and Urgent)

Inadmissibility to Canada

A foreign national or a permanent resident of Canada might not be allowed to enter or remain in Canada if such person:

  • Has failed to comply with Canada's immigration law
  • Poses a security threat to Canada
  • Has violated human or international rights
  • Has been involved in crime or organized crime
  • Has misrepresented himself/herself to Canadian immigration officials
  • Has a serious health condition
  • Does not have enough money to support himself/herself in Canada
  • Is a close relative of someone who is inadmissible (e.g. dependent children may become inadmissible, in some cases, if their parents are inadmissible)

Read more about inadmissibility here >

Immigration & Refugee Board

Immigration Appeal Division

  • Sponsorship Appeals
  • Removal Order Appeals

Read more about removal order appeals here >

Immigration Division
  • Admissibility Hearings
  • Detention Reviews

Read more about admissibility hearings and detention reviews here >

Refugee Protection Division and Refugee Appeal Division
  • Refugee Claims (We only deal with refugee cases of refugee claimants who are already in Canada)

Federal Court

  • Judicial Reviews
  • Stay of Removals

Contact Toronto Immigration Lawyer >

Copyright © 2006-2016
45 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4V 1K6
Tel: +1-416-544-8899